SCS oversaw the rectification of a small church in Footscray as the Construction Manager. The church had been built in the 1950s, and was in need of repair to the unique trafficable geometric roof. The project expanded to include repairs to the community hall next door, which had been placed on site with no piles or stumps below it and was sinking. SCS delivered this project ahead of schedule.
Key scope aspects to the church:
- Removing and reinstalling a UV-stable bituminous membrane to the main church roof
- Repairing flashings and fascias to the roof
Key scope aspects to the community hall:
- Elevating the hall and installing piles underneath
- Removing the existing timber floor and replacing
- Installing new bathroom facilities