The Brunswick apartment complex required the upgrade of their fire services to meet new building regulations. The project entailed the retrofit of fire sprinklers throughout the occupied, finished building. The project required careful planning, precise works and prompt delivery to minimise disruption to apartment occupants. SCS handled this project on a cost-plus arrangement, completing it on time and under budget for the benefit of the client. Working with unknown services in the building required extensive investigation and being able to work around occupants was logistically complex.
Key scope aspects include:
- Working with fire engineer to develop best solution for client;
- Careful, precise demolition of occupied apartments;
- Retrofitting sprinklers to an existing complex;
- Working around “live” apartment spaces;
- Managing the expectations and coordinating occupants.